Relaxation, comfort, fine cuisine and luxury rooms for a fairytale stay.
The Easter package by Hotel Villa Fiesole is perfect if you want to spend one or several days in an incredibly charming setting just outside Florence.
But it is also the chance to treat yourself to enjoyable moments spent discovering the city or its surroundings, being fascinated by special events and ancient traditions.
Easter time is perfect for getting out of the house, picnics, or visiting museums and famous locations thanks to the milder climate, the arrival of spring and the greater amount of sunshine throughout the day.
Let’s discover what to do at Easter in Florence and its surroundings:
- Lo Scoppio del Carro: or the Explosion of the Cart, this is one of the oldest traditions in Florence. This ritual has taken place for over 350 years in Piazza del Duomo. “Il Brindellone”, a large cart decorated with fireworks, arrives here in front of the Cathedral. At around 11:00 am, the archbishop lights the “Colombina”, a dove-shaped rocket, which travels along a wire from inside the church until it hits the cart and sets off the fireworks. It is believed that if all the fireworks go off properly, then it will be a prosperous year, full of good fortune and a rich harvest;
- Picnics: if you like to spend your days out in nature having lunch or eating some nice snacks, you can do this here at Parco Mediceo di Pratolino also known as Villa Demidoff park;
- Museum visits: many top cultural venues feature special openings on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. Some of the most popular ones include Galleria dell’Accademia, Museo del Bargello, Palazzo Vecchio, Musei Civici, and Cappelle Medicee;
- Relaxing in the gardens: enjoy all the colors and outdoor walks in the wonderful Florentine gardens or those located nearby, such as the Giardino delle Rose, Giardino Bardini, and Scandicci tulip park;
- Easter markets: corners, squares and alleyways host many stalls where you can find traditional objects, arts and crafts, souvenirs and much more;
- Fiesole: we can discover one of the most beautiful villages in Tuscany by peacefully strolling around on foot. In Fiesole, we can admire palaces, ancient roads, Mino da Fiesole square, Palazzo Vescovile, Cattedrale di San Romolo, Chiesa di Sant’Alessandro, the Roman theater and thermal spa complex, Museo Civico Archeologico, Chiesa Santa Maria Primerana, Palazzo Pretorio, the Etruscan city wall, Museo Bandini, and the Museo Etnografico Missionario Francescano.